Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pretty

I pass by these magnolia trees every day on my way to and from work.  Every year when they blossom I promise myself I'll take some photos and every year for the past four years I've forgotten.  I'm trying to make the most of all the possibilities that surround me though so this year, although I nearly missed it by going away for five days (these trees weren't showing any signs of blooming this time last week), I managed to get a few pictures.  Aren't they pretty?





I think I may need to make a pretty post a regular feature, at least once a month.  It's so easy to not take proper notice of all the wonderful things that we walk past every day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Visiting from A to Z. I've been thinking a lot lately about how important beauty is in our lives. Enjoyed the beautiful magnolias. God bless, Maria atDelight Directed Living

Rob-bear said...

Stopping to observe the beauty around us is, I think, very important. It may be a key element in sustaining our sanity and good health.

WHAT is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?
~ W. H. Davies, "Leisure"

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting

Marjorie McAtee said...

I totes want to plant a mockorange or some other ornamental tree in my garden.

Danielle said...

Those are beautiful! I can't wait to see spring come to Minnesota. We just got another snow storm last night, so these pictures bring me hope that warm weather is on the way soon. =)

Moonwaves said...

The weather is just a bit mental overall at the moment. We've had mostly up to 20 degrees this week and today it's back down to 10. Just had a quick look at the forecast for next week and it looks like a few more cooler days and then we'll be heading for 26 degrees next weekend. Looks like spring might be very short this year and we're heading straight to summer. It's definitely time for winter to be over though.