Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More brown bread

Have another loaf of bread in the oven.  This time: 250g wholemeal flower, 200g white 1050 flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 heaped teaspoon bicarb and a bit more than half a 500g carton of gut+gunstig cheapie buttermilk.

Am boiling potatoes for dinner to have with some sauteed courgette, onion and garlic with two small eggs scrambled into the mix for the last few minutes.  I worked late unexpectedly and am very hungry and really, really, really wanted to stop and get chips on the way home but didn't.  Came straight home, got the bread in the oven, did the washing up (helped myself to a few olives along the way to try and make my sugar/food-deprivation headache go away - it has worked more or less) and then scrubbed some of the cilena potatoes I brought home last time from the garden and put them on and chopped the courgette, onion and garlic and put them on too.  Five more minutes and I can eat.

It's only five more days to payday.  We officially get paid the last day of the month but the money is often in my account on the second-last day of the month already.  If the last day happens to be on a weekend or Monday, I'll have the money on Friday.  This month the last day is Tuesday so I'll probably have the money on Monday but there's a tiny chance I might get it by Friday or not.  That would be a relief but to be honest I hope I don't get it till Monday or Tuesday as my budget actually runs from Monday to Sunday and if I get paid on Friday I know I would end up spending some over the weekend.  And the budget is going to be tight enough for the next few months anyway as I need to finally get the tooth implant finished and the estimate from the dentist is for just over €1,200.  

I wanted to have the last of the last loaf of bread for breakfast this morning but it was rock solid - so hard I could put it in a sock and keep it for warding off intruders.  But I won't.  It's in a bag and I'll bring it to the park tomorrow and put it in the old bread bin for them to use to feed the ducks and swans.  Since I couldn't eat it, I bought a Käsebrötchen so that was an 80c spend today.  I went for lunch with the secretary crowd to the canteen as usual on a Wednesday but brought my pasta salad with me so didn't spend anything there either.

Should be doing a bit of cleaning and ironing and general housework now but I am tired, have waited too long to eat and haven't the energy.  I will have dinner, watch one episode of something online and then I am heading to bed.

No comments: