It's funny. I don't want to turn this into a personal finance blog but it is all part of my life (quite a big part of my life) so it all has to be in here really. And while I don't want to necessarily publish much more personal information, I know that the blogs I most enjoy reading, especially when it comes to PF blogs are the ones which really go into the nitty gritty. So in the hopes that nobody I know has actually ever found this blog, I'm going to post a bit more about my finances.
And where I am going to start is by dragging out my credit card statements since February to see exactly what I have spent this money on. Here's what I think I will find:
- Quite a few book purchases, most of which did not need to be made. But when ordering whatever book we're reading in bookclub that month I have frequently fallen into the trap of just seeing what else is on offer as well.
- Two large-ish amounts for car hire and petrol for the times when I helped my friend move (once from the north coast to my place and then a couple of weeks later from my place down to the Black Forest). I will probably get this money back some day but I knew it wouldn't happen in the short-term.
- Train ticket to France in May
- I think I took cash out once as well
- Money for the deposit on my brother's internet access which he has not yet been able to pay me back.
I have been considering getting a second job just to be able to earn a bit extra in an attempt to get this debt down before I go crazy but I double-checked my contract yesterday and I am specifically excluded from taking on any additional work. It's quite a strongly worded clause so for the moment I am forgetting that idea and I will see what else I can come up with instead.