Monday, January 28, 2019

Envisage your life - part 1

I read a book a while ago that mentioned actually trying to describe what your ideal day would be like. Partly as a way of putting it out to the universe but also partly as a way to clarify what exactly it is that you do want. This is another one of those things that I've wanted to write about for ages but haven't.

I even once had a bit of an epiphany about how that day would look but didn't write it down and it faded away and I've never managed to recapture whatever it was. One thing did occur to me today though so I think I'm just going to write these random individual items as I think of them. Perhaps at the end of the year then, I can gather all the individual bits together and see how my day is shaping up.

Part 1: No fixed time to start work (ok, really ideal day has no employed work at all but for now...). I can get up at seven, or eight, or nine, or ten. I can just get washed and dressed and head straight to work. Or I can take an hour or two to cook or prepare myself breakfadt. Or I can head straight out but spend an hour or two stopping off at the post office, or getting the shopping done, or drop in to the library. Or I can move no further than the armchair in my bedroom and read for a while before starting the day. And then when I get in to work, I can just do my work and work whatever number of hours I'm supposed to work and that's that. No stress, no hassle.

No comments: