Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh no

As the days are so hot here, I need to keep the windows closed during the day so that my apartment doesn't heat up too much. So I eagerly await nine or ten in the evening when the sun has set and temps dip a little bit so that I can open the windows up fully to let in a bit of fresh air.

Of course, spending longer than I intended online this evening means I have been sitting here with the light on and the windows open and that just encourages things to fly in. I've just seen the biggest mosquito I have ever seen (actually I heard it first, it's also the loudest mosquito I've ever seen). Great. I can't see where it's gone to now but I bet I know where it will be in half-an-hour when I'm trying to get to sleep! Not to mention being able to tell tomorrow morning exactly were it has been based on the number of bites I end up getting. I'm sure it's too much to hope for that it has flown away outside again!

No comments: