Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Various

I'm struggling a lot again to just do things. I feel like I'm just skimming along on the surface of life and don't have any energy for more than that. In a way I feel like there's something going on beneath the surface that I'm just not able for at the moment but really, there's nothing in particular wrong. I think I really need a break and am looking forward to my holiday at easter. I'll be spending a few days staying with different friends and then four full days with my sister in France. Spending time with her and her family is always fun and relaxing and enjoyable.

I want to try and get some things done and we have a bank holiday weekend coming up so I feel like a list is in order. I have a lot to do but at least if I write it all down I can try and get a handle on what's achievable and what's just going to have to wait a bit longer.

To-do
  1. Clear out bedroom - involves filing papers from last few months (started on this a few weeks ago so reckon an hour should see it done), setting up PC so I can use it, making list of old videos and getting rid of them on freecycle, shredding old paperwork, fix runner for drawer so it's useable again, dusting, the Big Book Clearout (supposed to happen in January and still hasn't), put away last week's washing, clear out old t-shirts and decide which ones to use to knit a rug with, find box for sunrise clock and put it away till next winter (it's finally getting bright in the mornings again!).
  2. Finalise and submit 2005 tax relief for medical expenses claim - nearly finished this a year ago then put it to one side and never did.
  3. Make sure I have all receipts for 2006 tax relief for medical expenses claim.
  4. Check to see if I can claim anything from Bupa for physio and acupuncture last year.
  5. Buy new laces for hiking boots. Buy two pairs.
  6. Find CFL bulb small enough to fit main light in bedroom - if not possible, find different lampshade.
  7. Clear out garden shed.
  8. Plant first seeds.
  9. Buy compost.
  10. Weed garden (shouldn't involve much, one flowerbed and underneath the gorse bush).
  11. Make yohgurt.
  12. Go to market, buy chicken. Cook, use leftovers for pie/bake, stock.
  13. Clear out freezer - try to use up what's in it and defrost soon.
  14. Go for walk up mountains.
  15. Write letter to friend.
  16. Turn compost heap. Put chicken wire on new pallet which is now the front of it. Find/buy something for a "lid".
  17. Check compost cone and see if compost ready for use yet.
  18. Clean containers used last year and put in nice clean shed ready for use when seedlings grown.
  19. Start spreadsheet tracking expenses.
  20. Write out German text from Mahler's Symphony No. 8 and check translation (I more or less understand them but it's biblical German so if asked, I can't always explain exactly - am going to be going through this with choir soon probably so better to be prepared).
  21. Gather photos in one place.
  22. Finally go through all those places I have bits and pieces of documents shoved and maybe collect enough receipts to be able to start tax relief claims for 2004 and 2003 (can only go back four years so really need to start doing this before I miss out on any more relief!).
  23. Cook and eat good food all weekend. Am hoping for sunny weather and will do barbeque if so.
  24. Make it down the town at lunch today or tomorrow to buy small wedding present for a colleague.
  25. Re-start on my 3 Little Things project and get rid of all those naggy little bits and pieces that build up.
I have a mountain of work work to get through before the weekend as well so that I'll be able to relax and not be thinking about what I've left on my desk. Three of my bosses (I work for three other management as well as my main boss and several staff) are away today and so far haven't rung in with any work so hopefully the afternoon will be productive. We're allowed leave at three on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend and I really want to do that so want to have all the filing on my desk cleared.

1 comment:

Maanas said...

Hello Moonwave,

I just landed on your blog by coincidence or shall i say by providence.

I am inspired by your ideals and impressed by your routine.

I believe in optimising things all around me and that include using the best of the nature and keeping in the pristine glory.

I had dreams of visiting Ireland one day and your routine just send me in the memory lane. I am a sucker for hiking in the mountain, there is nothing best that being with nature, close to it and feel its all flowing love.

Its a pleasant reading of your blog.

Update me on your writings