Friday, January 02, 2015

January Cure - Day 1 (and 2 and 3, since it's a weekend task)

Day 1 of Apartment Therapy's January Cure and the assignment couldn't be better for getting me off to a good start. Buy flowers and clean floors. Since I had people over for dinner on Monday I got the floors done then. And I'll be putting up my new bed this weekend so will have to do them again then anyway - I suspect that despite my hoovering under the bed every time I hoover there will still be lots of dust. Since the bed that's coming out of the bedroom is also the sofa that I am longing to have back in the sitting room, the sofa currently in the sitting room will also be moved and it's a few weeks since that happened so there'll be plenty of dust to clean there, too.

As for flowers, well, one of the friends who came to dinner on Monday, brought me a gorgeous flower. I think it's called an amarylis. So I'm all sorted. Although I'm also kind of tempted to buy a few more flowers tomorrow at the market. Am having people over next Saturday and I'm sure flowers would still look nice by then.

Must remember to find my camera so that I can document this challenge in pictures as well.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I'm tempted to join but I think you're right in the comment that decluttering can be more of a winter nesting / hibernation thing. It would be awesome if Apartment Therapy could consider a Southern Hemisphere version in June.

Moonwaves said...

You should write to them and request it. Smitten Kitchen has started doing something similar. She always posts the links to things she has cooked this time last year, two years ago, three years ago etc. Nowadays, after requests from readers down under she also adds links to 1.5 years ago, 2.5 years ago etc., so that people in the southern hemisphere see links to winter recipes in winter.