Sunday, October 06, 2013

Christmas patchwork cushions

Since Sarah was asking what I planned for some of my material purchases I thought I'd hunt out the magazine with the pattern. Photos, again, aren't great but that's alright since I'm sure if they were good enough to make out the text properly I'd be in breach of copyright or something. The magazine was a special cushions supplement to Magic Patch, which has a copyright date of 2008 and that means I bought it even longer ago than I thought, way back when I had only just moved here and obviously still thought I would get sewing within a couple of months.

It's a French magazine and I visited my sister early in the December of 2008, just four months after moving here. My French isn't great and neither is my sewing so I reckoned I could kill two birds with one stone and improve both at the same time.

I did actually come back to this idea a couple of years ago and bought the beige material and a couple of different greens. With the new greens I have, I think I'll be able to make a good attempt.

Still not sure about the sequins though and might end up just using some gold ribbon instead. Or maybe, if my machine even still works, I'll figure out how to use one of the fancy functions and do some nice stitching with gold thread. But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

No comments: