Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Telephone calls

Otherwise known as the reason I have no time to write much this evening.  I've spent over an hour on the phone to one of my best friends.  It's good to catch up sometimes.  And conversations with people you haven't been in touch with for a while and with your close friends (or partner, if you have one) are all part of the happiness manifesto, after all.  I've just searched my blog for a post on the happiness manifesto and came up empty.  I cannot believe I haven't done a post about it as I know I've definitely typed it out at least once before.  Anyway, here's a link to someone else's post about the happiness manifesto that featured on a program the BBC did a few years ago called Making Slough Happy - the 10 point manifesto is not quite halfway down the page.  Worth taking a look and thinking about incorporating some or all of it into your life. I don't always do all of these things but when I do, I always feel much better about life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'd heard of the Happiness Manifesto before, but the ideas are so simple... and so true! I'm visiting from Blogging A to Z, but I'll probably be back.

Anonymous said...

I had never read that Manifesto before but they are good ideas. I was just telling a good friend this morning that I only live once and I am going to be happy while I do it. It was one of these situations: we both have a mutual friend. This friend is a tiny little gal (in tiny I mean weight wise) and she eats very little and is very concious of it. My other friend and I are not so little weight wise and very much enjoy eating, and probably place too much importance on it for enjoyment. But anyhow the weight concious friend is always telling us how she can not eat this or wont order that because it is just too much food. Well our boss took them both out to eat lunch. My food loving friend ordered a sandwich and chips and the weight conscious one on cue said "oh my what a huge sandwich, you arent going to eat all that are you??" My other friend felt so guilty about it she only ate about 1/4 of it and took the rest home. Pretty much not enjoying their celebratory meal at all. I told her I would have eaten every bite and enjoyed it if I felt like I wanted to eat it. I do not think we should rely on others to dictate our emotions like that. I think I may pass this manifesto on to her. It really drives home what I feel about we only have one life so we may as well make it a happy one. I hope you don't mind that this comment is so long! Your post was just inspirational. :)

Moonwaves said...

I forget about it sometimes but I always end up coming back to it. When I was struggling a bit last year I actually made a whole load of copies of it and every day I ticked off which of the things I had done.

Jan, I have the original PDF file of it still. If you'd like that to pass on to your friend, let me know (mistiermoon AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk) and I'll send it to you.

Tonia said...

This is cool!