Sunday, January 06, 2013

Sunday night chit-chat

I've enjoyed reading these posts on I'm Losing It Here over the last while and finally got around to clicking through to see who hosts this (My 1/2 Dozen Daily) and join in.  I assume that given the time difference between here and Canada I will be posting before the original post goes up so I will come back to edit this post with a proper link-up and the bonus question. 

Ice-lollies made from the free sample of elderflower and apple tea that I got yesterday. 

What are you:
Reading?
Die große Liebe - Hans Josef Ortheil

Watching?
I think I'm going to watch Death at a Funeral, one of the DVDs I got out of the library on Friday.  But first I'm going to watch just one more video at Feminist Frequency (LEGO and gender part 2), which I've been getting to know (again) this weekend.

Listening to?

I was listening to Imelda May's "Love Tattoo" while I tidied up a bit and finished unpacking.  Now it's just the sound of my fingers on the keyboard.

Cooking/Baking?

Pinto bean and chickpea casserole with onion, carrot and tomatoes (some of those that I canned during the summer)

Happy you accomplished this week?

Unpacking.  Writing a menu plan and shopping just for that, including not buying any sweets.

Looking forward to next week?

Catching up with people I haven't seen since the end of November

Thankful for today?

Slowly returning health.  And even more than that, being in my own home again.


Bonus Question:
What is the "minimum" # you feel comfortable with sitting in your bank account/piggy bank? 
This is a tough question, given that I'm still in debt. But if I include immediate access to credit then I suppose the minimum amount I feel comfortable with is between 1,000 and 2,000.  There have been times where I didn't have access to that much as I just didn't have much of anything in my current account and my overdraft and credit card were maxed out and I found that extremely stressful.  I am definitely more familiar with feeling uncomfortable!  But once I had cleared more than 1,000, I did relax more.  I'm taking that as a sign that when I am debt-free in a few months, my aim, once I've built up an emergency fund, will be to have about 1,500 sitting doing not much but ready to be transferred in and out of my current account as required.  

If you want to join in with Sunday night chit-chat, head over to My Half-Dozen Daily and leave a comment and link on this post.

1 comment:

~Carla~ said...

The "Bear pops" are so cute.. yum! :) Homemade are definitely the best! Having a nice EF set aside is definitely a good peace of mind... it's great that you're almost out of debt!! Keep it up! :)