Monday, January 09, 2012

More about books

And while we're talking about books, I noticed in someone else's list that they had done a summary as well, so here's mine for 2011:

  • Books by male authors: 43
  • Books by female authors: 23
  • Fictional books: 57
  • Factual books: 9 - I'm kind of impressed with myself for that.  I could do with reading far more factual stuff but reading is my escape from the world and mostly I don't want to have to think too much.  But nine books is very close to one a month, which is a number I'd be very happy with.  One of the things I want to do now though is re-read most of them and this time make notes and perhaps occasional posts while I'm doing it.  Will have to figure out how to do that and yet still have time to read 'new' ones too.
  • English books: 64
  • German books: 2 - and that was the two audio books I had.  Definitely need to work on this in 2012 but have started off by getting the book club book for this month in the original German.

2 comments:

Nikki (www.bookpunks.com) said...

Ooo, that's fun too. Going to have to go check out what my list turns into from this angle I think...

Anonymous said...

Just to say I added you to my blogroll. Sorry it took so long <3