Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Things have a way of not quite turning out the way you thought

Tried to talk to my lodger yesterday and realised that not only does he have zero interest in any of the things that I am trying to learn about and take into consideration in the way I live my life (where food comes from, the state of the planet and how our actions actually mean something), he also has a very different idea of what me helping him entails than I do. After a three-hour late night conversation I think I managed to make the point that me accepting him the way he is (e.g. doing nothing to fix his problems and just letting him 'think' until he has figured things out) also involves the reverse of him accepting me the way I am (trying to live a life where I keep a nice house, cook and eat properly, have a bit of a routine, try and do things). I don't know if he really heard what I was saying but at least I have said it. Why the hell these conversations need to happen on the day I start my period I don't know as the fact that I kept crying undoubtedly didn't help matters. Not to mention that the puffy-eyed look I have today really does nothing for me. Oh well, c'est la vie. It did mean a slower start to the day than planned and I'm not feeling quite so active as I wanted to be. Had thought I would do the kitchen stuff this evening but just remembered that I have choir this evening. At least I did get to the market.

No comments: