Friday, February 16, 2007

Back again

Well, nearly two months after my last post I thought I'd better start again or I may never get back to it. It has been a tough two months due to a mixture of things not least of which was having to live with a housemate from hell. Thankfully she is moving out at the end of the month. I am trying not to let this experience sour me on living where I am at the moment (nor affect my relationship with the couple who own the house) but it has a bit. I'm just trying to be patient now and wait a couple of months to see if I am able to settle in again after she's gone. As a result of the various goings-on my landlady asked me to move a good bit of stuff from the common areas which rankled more than a bit. I had already cleared a good bit of space but the landlady hasn't been in the house for a while and although her husband has most of the space I cleared wasn't visible i.e. in cupboards and drawers. I arranged with a friend to stow some boxes in her attic and moved more books off the bookcase downstairs and up to my room. Added to the atmosphere in the house over the last few months, this moving of stuff has left me feeling quite unsettled and a bit like a stranger in my own home but hopefully the next person to move in will be a bit more reasonable and I'll start to feel at home again. I'm trying not to bear a grudge against my landlady and her hubby as I feel they are just overreacting a bit to a fairly unfounded complaint. It's not so much that I object to having to move my things (although I do a bit) - it's the fact that I have lived there for over a year and a half and feel if they had a problem with the way I keep the place, they should have mentioned it before. However, I'm going to try not to mention the topic again as I don't want to keep dwelling on it. If I'm not settled in a few months, I'll move. There are precious few advantages to renting but at least if you get stuck somewhere you don't like, it's easy enough to move (finding somewhere nice isn't that easy but it's possible!).
I'm hoping to post a lot over the next while to get up to date with various projects I have managed to get through or start over the last few weeks. As the days brighten (I left work on time at 5.30 on Wednesday and it wasn't dark!) I hope that'll help me get back to a more positive place too.
I've spent a lot of time online over the last couple of months but have been mainly reading blogs and discussion boards with a bit of posting on those. I have to say that reading about ordinary, (relatively) sane people in this mad, mad world has really helped to keep me going so thanks to everyone. I'll be updating my links shortly too as there are some more blogs I've found which I am enjoying too.

1 comment:

Phelan said...

Glad to see you back around